retro sketches #114

May 12, 2014

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! Actually I had a plan to share with you my Mother's Day cards I made for my mom and MIL yesterday. But I realized that I didn't take photos of them AFTER I sent them out. Silly of me.

Anyways, today I'm sharing two cards inspired by Retro Sketches #114.


When I saw this sketch, I immediately thought of making three square windows with peeking small critters. The Just Hatched set by Mama Elephant was perfect for this idea.


I cut out the windows with Die-namics Pierced Square STAX (MFT). For the background patterns I used Raindrop Background and Pinstripe Background (Hero Arts). The sweet chicks were cut out using Just Hatched Creative Cuts and were colored with Copics. The tiny bubbles were from Everyday Greeting set (Mama Elephant).


The sentiment was also from Everyday Greetings set and I stamped it in Gingerbread and Pink Petunia (Versa Magic).

As there are three windows, three chicks, and three bubbles, I'd like to enter this card to the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge #131.



While I was making the card above, another good idea (at least I thought so) popped in my head and I decided to go with it!


Since I watched the Make It Monday #161 video, I had been wanting to give it a try. This time I used Copic Markers instead of dye inks. And used a Colorless Blender instead of water to add some blots and to shade off the edges.


After the background was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment and the tiny stars, which were from Make A Wish set (Mama Elephant), in Midnight Black ink (Versa Magic). I like using Versa Magic ink when I need to stamp on a colored paper, because it is opaque.


To finish off the card I added some shimmer to the stars with a Wink Of Stella pen.

Thank you for visiting!
** Spreadin' a little love **


** Make a wish **

6 comments:

  1. Woah, Torico, two super awesome cards. The first one is stinking cute – it made me laugh when I first saw it. And the second one blew me away - I had no idea you could do that with Copics, I thought you might have used watercolors. Love the sentiment stamp, I have it too and haven't used it yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards...I just love the cuteness of the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a wonderful style Torico! Love your cut out windows and those adorable chickies!
    Thanks so much for joining CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so sweet!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very sweet. Love both cards but especially the chicks!

    ReplyDelete